Pages

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Ruby Wedding Present.




I wanted to stitch something special for my parents' Ruby Wedding but didn't want anything sloppy or cute; they're not the kind of people who'd appreciate Me to You Bears or the like. They've lived in the same small Cotswold town for their entire married life and the whole family is obsessed by maps so I've created an embroidered map for them. I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished product but don't worry I've got someone on to it and will post it when it arrives.

I gave them the present on Saturday and it went down really well. Everyone was interested and complimentary and one friend has asked me to create one for her. She wants a map of Amalfi to give to her husband as they honeymooned there ten years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Good job you have an awesome housemate who took photos of it before you left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely idea and so interesting! You could totally set up a little business doing commissions! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reassure me someone is reading; leave me a comment!