This is the easiest recipe I've ever posted and probably one of the most delicious. I made it as I had left-over beans due to my propensity to cook enough for a tribe.
You will need:
- Cook the broad beans until soft- I admit that I use frozen broad beans these days as they're so convenient and delicious.
- Dress the warm beans with the balsamic vinegar. Serve some of these with your dinner, they're lovely.
- Let the beans sit and absorb the vinegar for an hour or overnight if you're using leftovers.
- Using a food processor or sick blender start to puree the beans, add a generous sprig of fresh mint and salt and pepper to taste as you blend.
- Add some good quality olive oil (avocado oil would be delicious too). I'm currently living with a dieter so I used less than normal, about a two teaspoons of oil per handful (not heaped) of beans and this gave a stiff paste.
- Serve as on toast or as a side dish with cold meats or fish. We had it with salmon and I made a sandwich out of it.