Pages

Thursday 29 July 2010

Tattoos



I realised tonight that I've had a tattoo for nearly twenty years. I had a small Celtic knot put on my shoulder in 1991 and it was so unusual for a woman to have a tattoo that people would come up to me in the University Bar and ask if they could see it. A few years later I had a flying heart put on my upper arm but tattoos become so popular now that I've said that given the choice I would prefer not to have any at all. Until tonight.

Inspired by an amazing tattoo we saw with pin cushions, buttons and stitch style writing, some of my Itchin' for Stitchin' girls and I were considering some stitching themed body art. I thought I could cover my Celtic knot with a picture ball of wool but I haven't decided what the "thread" would say. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reassure me someone is reading; leave me a comment!